Maths Parent Talks 2017
In February, 2017, parents were invited into school to discuss recent changes to the structure and content of Maths lessons from year 1 to year 6 in St. Wulstan's.
During the talks we discussed:
- Changes to End of Key Stage testing
- Changes to the maths curriculum
- Reasons for changing the delivery of the maths lesson
- New unit assessments (Hot and Cold tasks)
- The use of concrete and pictorial resources
- Using the Bar Model
- The new structure of all maths lessons across the school
- Example lessons
The PowerPoint presentation from these talks is available here.